Monday, December 29, 2014

Day 8

Gooood afternoon.

Yup, my 8th day of neostrata. I didnt really concentrate on how i looked like in the morning because i was rushing to get to the doctor's on time. But of course as i was cleansing my face in the morning, the texture felt smoother. For those who are curious to know why im visiting the derm.... Well, i am actually doing... 

CHEMICAL PEEL

Okay what is chemical peel? 

  1. "A chemical peel is a body treatment technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that causes the dead skin to slough off and eventually peel off. The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin."

Problem 

So here's actually my problem. My skin got irritated while i was using epiduo that was pescribed by my first doctor 3 weeks ago. What made it worst was, the doctor asked me to mosturize my face after the epiduo. And of cos, me being desperate to kill three stupid pimples on my face, bought a cetaphil mosturizer since it was really recommended by the doctor. Cetaphil is a good brand but maybe its just my skin. Yar, ultra sensitive skin i must say. So yes, after applying it on my face for a week, my skin got angry and irritated! I didnt noticed it at first but my bestfriend being a guy (blunt af hahaha), actually said, "hey babe, ive never seen yr face in this condition but are u okay?" That got my whole self esteem dropped to my foot, i tell you. I told myself, its gonna be okay. I kept using the epiduo and mosturizer thinking that oh my skin will eventually clear up. Okay i wanna stop talking bout how my skin got irritated cos its just sad and i prolly gonna sound like a mak nenek (grandmother). Oh yes one more thing. I went to work and my colleagues thought that i was having rashes on my face! Whuatta. I eventually told that its skin irritation and some sort of allergy. Sob sob.

Today


Okay so thats me. With exactly no make up so that its easier for my derm to examine (sp?) the progress of my face. To be honest, i am so so so so afraid for today's treatment after reading so much about it online. But again, i want my skin back. So i have to go to the doctor's to get rid of the irritation on my face. Well, i must say, not really get rid but slowwwwwwwwwly getting rid of my irritation cos i was informed that by just one treatment, i wont be completely healed. I was prepared for that. 

When my name was being called, i got so scared but the doctor is just very motherly. She looked at my face and said that my irritations are drying up! She told me that i wld be experiencing abit of burning. She actually wiped my face with idk what. But the second chemical that she put on my face wasnt that painful. So i thought, aiyah confirm i can tolerate one lor. The chemical was set to rest on my face for two minutes. The next chemical that she applied on my face was rather.... Harsh? Hahaha it burned like crazy! Hahaha and it was set to rest on my face for three minutes!!! Whuatta!!! Hahaha. But it isnt that painful. After that, she actually neutralize my face and then lastly with ice cold water. 

I went out frm the room with red and swollen face but i must say that its a happy appointment. Firstly, my derm was a lady and i feeeeeeel so comfortable talking to her. Secondly, whnvr i talked to her, its like as if im talking to my mother! Lol. She then prescribed me with a cream and its worth it cos i can use it for my upcoming peels. I cannot conclude much from just my first peel but of cos i will update more on it. I have more sessions to go to. So yea. 

Okay i will update again soon! 😃😃😃

No comments:

Post a Comment